Thursday, February 14, 2008

New OB

On February 11th, I picked up all my records from Dr. Shows' office. She left a nice note on my paperwork saying that she'd miss me. I will also miss her. She was very good to me.

On February 14th, I met with Dr. Murdock for the first time. Her nurse, Elsie, took me back to an ultrasound room and talked with me for several minutes. I really liked her. She had previously worked at the practice with Dr. Shows, and said she thought I would really like this practice even better. It inspired extra confidence; however, I was sure that I had made the right choice. I guess I felt like I had been guiding by the Lord in the choice.

When Dr. Murdock came in she spent probably 20 minutes doing the ultrasound and watching the baby move. She was really enthusiastic and positive as she talked with me. She asked me lots of questions and thanked me for bringing my medical records. We talked a lot and I knew I had made the right choice.

She asked if they had told me the sex of the baby yet. I said No. She asked if I wanted to know. I said sure. She said she wasn't absolutely positive, but if she had to guess she'd call it a boy. She also commented several times on how active he was. And, he was! I was already starting to feel little flutters of movement constantly.

No comments: