Monday, January 5, 2009

Humpty Dumpty

Recently I have been reviewing books on early childhood education. I've read them before, but I find I need to refresh my memory with each child. One of the books I was reading talked about nursery rhymes and their educational value.

Today I was at the Developmental Pediatrician's office with Ryan. The Dr and the Nurse Practitioner had really ticked him off by putting him on his tummy. Then they left to write up test orders. I was trying to calm him by "singing" nursery rhymes. I was slowly pacing the dimly lit room holding Ryan and "singing" Humpty Dumpty. You remember it ...

Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the King's horses, and all the King's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

I had repeated it a few times, and then it occurred to me...

Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the King's horses, and all the King's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.
...But Heavenly Father could

I know it doesn't rhyme perfectly, but isn't it a great thought! Kings and men might not be able to do all things, but Heavenly Father can.

No comments: