Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Test results - Whew ...

I just got a call regarding one of yesterday's test results. It was a "free flowing venous lactate" test. Thankfully, it came back within normal levels, which means no muscle biopsy! Whewhoo! 1 down, 2 to go ... well, kind of 2.

Just before getting those test results, I scheduled his CF Sweat test for June 19th. (Yes, I had been tested before to ensure that I'm not a carrier. However, when I did the test 10+ years ago, they were only checking for 50-90 mutations of the gene. They can now check for 1500 mutations. Thus there is still a possibility.) This is a non-invasive test and since Ryan's sweat is extremely salty, it makes sense to rule CF out, especially since it's what my sister had.

And, we also have the modified barium swallow test on June 18th.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Simpson said...

Very glad to hear the news Tina. Hoping to hear additional good news soon!