Friday, August 7, 2009

Surprise!

So, this morning I had scheduled a meeting with a friend from church to hand off all the Cub Scout information. It was almost time for me to leave when Dwight said, "The garbage cans got dumped over." He asked Jacob and David to go out to clean up the trash off the lawn. Then he asked ME to go help them. Some grumbling thoughts when through my head. Okay, lots of murmuring: "Why me? I'm also getting ready to leave. I have 6 kids. I shouldn't have to clean up trash!" Really, I grumbled all the way down to the door.

Then I opened the door and ... AHHHH! My nephew, Jason, was standing there! Oh, my goodness! Then, my other nephew, Kevin walked around the corner. YEAHHH! OH, Wait! There's more! Then my DAD and my MOM walked up. I heard myself squeal. It was a squeal of delight! I have relived this moment in time over and over in my head. It was such a great moment!

They completely surprised me! I had no idea they were coming. Dwight did. Apparently, Dwight's known for a while. (By the way, Sweetheart, please next time give me some motivation/hint/even a command to do some preparation work. I don't know ... maybe get the guest room ready. But, please don't let me spend 2 days organizing a linen closet and the master bathroom when you know we have company coming.) Oh, I don't know. It was the best surprise ever! Hopefully, they didn't mind that the bed was not ready for them, and the bathroom had not been cleaned by an adult in a while.

I wish my sister and other nephew, Aaron, could have been here too. I understand that they had conflicts with work, but I hope they'll come see me too sometime.

Talk about feeling loved! This is going to be the best birthday ever!

No comments: