Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Today's Neurologist Appointment

I just got home about 30 minutes ago. It's been a very long day, but I wanted to quickly let you know what the Neurologist said today. We are increasing Ryan's Lamictal and keeping the Keppra dosage the same. We'll do this for 2 months and then we anticipate lowering the Keppra, if there is no increase in seizure activity.

We are going to do another MRI in late October. We've known since January, when we did the 1st MRI, that we would need to do another MRI. This 2nd MRI should give us a more definitive idea of the diagnosis for Ryan.

Dr Seals also checked Ryan's head circumference today, it has slowed in growth. He's now in about the 75th or 80th percentile. He also checked Ryan's reflexes today. In May, Dr Seals had recorded "2+ reflexes", which I think means "normal". But today, he was unable to elicit any reflex response from Ryan. I suspect that's not a good thing.

I'll update more later. I'm tired tonight and think I'll head to bed.

No comments: