Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Not my strongest talent...

If you know me well, you probably know that I don't consider myself to be a very creative person. Yes, I knit. No, that doesn't mean that I'm creative. See, knitting is a science for me. If I do the right number of stitches and rows with the right gauge, then the project works. I almost always rely on other people for help with color choices.

Well, I have a friend who is an amazing gift giver. Do you have a friend like that? You know the kind that always gives just the perfect, unexpected gift. The gifts always have great meaning and are so special. Well, my friend gave me an amazing necklace that says, "All is well." I know I've mentioned it before. If you look through the blog, you can even see a picture of it. If you read that post, then you also know that with the necklace came a very special quote.

The quote was on a small piece of paper with a ribbon. I thought it deserved more prominence and then thought maybe I could frame it for my friend. I had a vision in my head. But in normal Tina style, I had a hard time translating my vision into reality. I felt so frustrated by it. I wanted to give my friend a gift that would be meaningful. She doesn't need anything. She can buy anything she wants and I wouldn't even have the slightest clue what to buy her. (If you haven't already clued in, I'm not a good gift giver.) Anyway ... so, after several attempts, I had a little emotional breakdown. (Poor husband.) So, I just put it away and thought I had probably just wasted some money and would still have to come up with something.

The next day I decided to try again. Okay ... not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. So, I thought I'd share a picture with you.

No comments: