Today is Ryan's birthday! He's 2. He is two. Two. It's hard to believe that Ryan joined our family 2 years ago. Ryan has brought so many blessings to my life.
- Greater capacity to love than I could have imagined
- Greater recognition of the small accomplishments
- A feeling of joy and relief each time I see other children meeting their milestones
- A child that is always willing to snuggle
- Knowledge of the brain and it's amazing ability to adapt
- New friends who have become like family
- More respect and appreciation for those individuals and families who work so hard and sacrifice so much to provide outstanding medical and therapeutic care
- Gratitude for opportunities to step outside of myself to serve others and especially for the personal relief that service gives me
- Even more love than ever before for my amazing family
- An awareness of the effect of special needs on siblings
- Awe for those who faith to rise above their physical challenges
- A constant feeling of being encircled and uplifted by the most amazing friends, including some that I have never even met.
- A more sure knowledge of my heavenly father's love, the power of prayer, and the strengthening power of the Atonement
Most of all I'm thankful for Ryan's touch, and for the sounds that he makes, and for the way he snuggles his face next to my chest when he's tired. I hope some day he will read this list and know that I have loved him from the first time that I met him and that I am so grateful!