Monday, November 28, 2011

Great Scripture

I was just reading my scriptures this morning.  Alma 37 in The Book of Mormon

My daughter gets up each morning at 5:45 to go to seminary to study the scriptures.  Each year they study, in-depth one book of scriptures.  They have certain scriptures called "Scripture Mastery Scriptures" that they memorize and really study.  They have important concepts in them.

Alma 37:35 is one of those.  It says:

O, remember, my son, 
(Alma is the name of the father and he's talking to his son, Helaman)
and learn wisdom in thy youth; 
yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God.

Great advice, right?

Well, I think there's an even better scripture in it's shadows just before it.

Alma 37:34

Teach them to never be weary of good works, 
but to be meek and lowly in heart; 
for such shall find rest to their souls.

Okay, maybe not better, but at least equally as good.  :)

No comments: