Monday, January 16, 2012

Still Waiting...

I tried calling for Ryan's test results today, but nothing.  No answer.  The offices were closed today. So maybe tomorrow.

We did have a good meeting with his Developmental Pediatrician.  We reviewed all of his appointments over the past six months.  We discussed his regressions, his progresses, his therapies, his needs, etc.  Then came up with a plan of action.  Basically, the Developmental Pediatrician will get Speech Therapy going again for us so that we can work on communication skills more.  (We had discontinued Speech Therapy due to the diskinetic movements.)  He will also get us in touch with someone who can show us various models of Special Needs Car Seats.  We will talk about when we want to make the switch to a Special Needs Car Seat.  We don't have to do it right now, but we won't be able to put it off much longer.  The disadvantage to doing it is that it has to be installed into the chassis of the car -- not necessarily ideal for a minivan that's already 6 years old.  We will also follow up getting the test results copied to his office. 

That's it.  It's been a long day and I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have liked to have done today.  But, I did play Uno tonight with David and Jessica.  I beat Jessica, but David ... well, he massacred Jessica and I.  Johnathon had a great play date today.  And, Deborah and I had fun playing this morning.  So, overall I suppose we did the important things. 

I hope the results will be in tomorrow.

No comments: