Saturday, July 28, 2012

Oh, Deborah!

Deborah and Johnathon have been taking swimming lessons this summer and they are doing a great job!  Johnathon has mastered swimming without holding his nose (which used to be a huge obstacle) and is now working on various swimming strokes.  Deborah is overcoming (again) her fear of going under water and has become really good at blowing bubbles and kicking. 

This week we were at the pool and I realized that I had forgotten to put Deborah's hair into a pony tail before leaving the house.  After searching through the pool bag, all I could come up with was one of my head bands, but no pony tail holders. 

I started to put it on her and she grabbed my hand and said:

"Mom, I'm NOT that KIND of a girl."

Now, I might have understood that response had the head band looked like this:  



Or, even this:



But, it was just a SIMPLE, basic get-my-hair-out-of-my-face kind of head band, like this one:


So, I said to her, "Deborah, it's one of Mommy's head bands."

And, she promptly replied, with a look that I really wish I had a picture of:

"I know.  YOU'RE one of THOSE girls."




Oh, Deborah!

1 comment:

Leslie Evans said...

OMG I love her! That’s hilarious!!!!