Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wonder

I am currently reading a book to the children called, "Wonder" to the children. 



This book was recommended to me by a room full of Moms that I consider to be the best of the best when it comes to good literature.   It had been recommended to them by Ms O, who we all consider to be the Queen of Great Literature, our Go To Person when we need a good book for our children.

I couldn't wait to finish our last book to start this book!  I looked forward to my children seeing into the life of another family with a special child.  I wasn't however prepared for the roller coaster of emotions this book would take me on in one evening.

I knew my children would be affected by the book but I was completely unprepared for the effects this book would have on me.  Last night as I reading aloud to the children the Via section, I could barely keep reading as I fought back the tears knowing that my children have at times experienced the same things that the main character's sister expressed.  I kept closing the book at the end of the chapter only to have the children say, "One more chapter, please!"

It is that Wonder-ful!

No comments: