Monday, April 20, 2009

Jessica

Jessica was asked by a member of the Stake Young Women's Presidency to draw a Castle for a program they are doing called The Princess Academy. She was also asked to help paint it. This is a rough draft of the castle that she drew.


On the next draft, she added stained glass windows that represent each of the Young Women values. She did some really neat things.

Then once the draft had been approved, Jessica and a couple of her friends went to Sis Peterson's home to help make the real Castle. They used large sheets of paper and lots of chalk. As you can see from the picture below, they had a lot of fun!


When they finished chalking it, Sis Peterson had each paper laminated, and then they attached it to a large cardboard stand. I wish I could find pictures of the finished project. It was very impressive! I am always amazed at the artistic talent my sweet daughter has. I know she didn't inherit it from her mother.

No comments: