Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I made it through the night without a fever. My stomach felt awful all night. Finally I gave in around 1.30 and took an anti-nausea medicine. Then 30 minutes later, I started vomiting. Seriously, aren't anti-nausea meds supposed to prevent vomiting, not cause it? Does that seem unreasonable to you?

I finally was able to rest starting around 4.30 and woke up around 7.30 to Deborah yelling, "Mommy, where are you?" She was panicked. It was very abnormal behavior for Deborah. Usually she just comes to my door each morning and knocks. She likes to come into my bathroom to go potty each morning. After I realized that her panicked little voice was calling out for me from farther and farther away, I went to the balcony and called back to her. She cried out to me, "Mommy, I don't want you to leave!" She kept repeating herself over and over again. I told her that I was still in bed and I wasn't leaving. I finally convinced her to come upstairs. So, she finally came up and snuggled into bed with me. I explained that I have to go to the doctors today, but that I won't be gone very long. I also told her about Nana's plans to do some fun things with her. But, what she seemed to need the most was just to snuggle with me. About 30 minutes later, she was done and off and running happily around the house.

When she got up, I went into the bathroom and noticed, dang it! I'm dark red all over. I don't feel yucky like I did after the last round of chemo. Mom says I'm running a fever, but since I've been drinking a cold shake, I can't take my temperature right now. Ugh. So, is it really a reaction to the chemo, or could it be a reaction to the so-effective anti-nausea meds?

I go back to the dr's office this morning to get my shot. It'll be interesting to see what he has to say about this. Blasted it! I thought we were going to get through this chemo without a weird reaction. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments: