Thursday, June 17, 2010

"I'm going to be fine."

As we walking out to the pool yesterday, Deborah kept saying to me, "I'm going to be fine." She repeated this exact phrase to many at least 6 different times. I really didn't know why she was saying it. But, then again, she's 3. I don't know why she says a lot of things.

After we entered the water she said to me, "I'm going to go under water and I'm going to be fine." So, she did. And, she was fine.

Imagine ... at 3 years of age, she is not only setting (and accomplishing) her goals, she also understands the power of positive self talk.

So, I have a goal that I've been working on, and probably need to do a lot more positive self talk to accomplish. Starting right now, I'm going to assure myself that "I'm going to be fine." And, I'm going to accomplish my goal.

How about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you!!! Kids, home school, Cancer, lay-offs and abrupt moves and still positive. You go GIRL!!!

Steve Palmer

Rachel said...

I think you're doing great :) I've been a little negligent in my blog following lately, but I wanted you to know that I think about you and we pray for you and your family.