Sunday, December 18, 2011

Gingerbread House Time


Today was the day.  We built the annual gingerbread house and I let Deborah and Johnathon take the lead.  I figured it couldn't go too bad, right?  Afterall, I bought a kit.  Actually, I bought 5 kits.  Target had them on clearance and Deborah was so cute.  (Dwight says I must have been feeling guilt about something.  A story for another day, perhaps?)


All was going well and Jessica and David were kind of helping them along.  THEN, one of the gingerbread men had an "accident" ... and it all went downhill from there.


I don't know what happened, but Deborah announced that the gingerbread man had "fallen to his bloody death."  Oh, boy.


Soon after that, there was another bloody mishap at the gingerbread house.


When I asked Deborah why all the bloodshed, she said, "You said we probably wouldn't be able to make it look just like the box."
 

 Hmmmm.... I don't think THAT'S exactly what I intended for her to take from my statement.

While the rest of the kids made the gingerbread house, Ryan rested peacefully, he's not feeling very well this week.  But, the good news is that he hasn't had a seizure since the 13th.  FIVE full days of being seizure free!  Whewhoo!


 And, finally, this week at work, we had our Christmas party and did a gift exchange.  My Secret Santa gave me the most beautiful gift!  And, in it were the most wonderful pajamas and socks.  I think I'd like to live in these pajamas all the time!  The pants are SOOO soft and the socks are super soft and cozy. Thanks, DJ!  You are awesome!!



No comments: