Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ryan's First Birthday Party


Ryan went to his first birthday party at a friend's house tonight without Mom.  It was a pajama party for Diego, Nelda's son.  (You probably know that Nelda is our friend and Ryan's nurse.)  I have to admit I was VERY, VERY nervous about him going without me.  I knew he was in good hands with Nelda, but I was still very nervous.  I'm nervous about all my kids going to their first parties without me.  So, why should anyone be surprised that I felt anxiety about Ryan going to his first party without me? 

I tried to be cool about it, but geesh! I couldn't wait until it was time for me to go get him!  When I did pick him up, I walked into the house and he was sitting in his wheelchair at the table.  Diego's older sister was next to him on one side and Grandma was on the other side.  He was obviously enjoying himself and all the fun sounds.  There was a house full of people and he was so happy!!

On the way home, Ryan was so talkative and he insisted that I talk or sing all the way home to him, which was about a 45 minute drive home.  It was wonderful to see him so happy and talkative!

No comments: