Saturday, August 8, 2009

Funny things...

You know my family surprised me yesterday by showing up at my door. Well, in thinking about it some funny things have come to mind.

A few days ago when my dad asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I said, "Come see me." He said, "You know I can't do that right now. Things are just too busy." I believed him.

Then I think it was just Thursday morning when Deborah said to my Mom, "Nana, will you come to my house?" I bet that made it REALLY hard to keep the secret!


(I wonder if Deborah thinks they came just cause she asked.
She sure is enjoying it! She even got to wear Papa's glasses. Silly girl!)

I even said something to my Mom about coming to see me for my birthday. Her reply was something about the triple digit heat that we have here. And, I realized then, "Oh, Mom would be miserable here in Texas right now." (I hope it hasn't been too unbearable, Mom!)

Sis -- I can't believe YOU didn't spill the beans! I must have talked to you just before Mom & Dad left. Anyway ... thanks again to everyone who kept the secret! It was an AWESOME surprise!

No comments: