Sunday, October 25, 2009

A beautiful Sabbath

Today was a beautiful Sabbath, wasn't it?

Have you ever attended a meeting where you felt like everyone knew your heart and mind, and spoke directly to you? I had that feeling today. With one talk specifically, I felt very impressed that his words were specifically for me. It didn't surprise me then when after the meeting he said, "I had you in mind when I prepared my talk." Some time in the near future, I'll share some of my notes from his talk. I'm sure they apply to all of us.

Here's my new favorite scripture:
"I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you." ~ John 14.18

And from a hymn:
"In every condition, in sickness and in health ... As thy days may demand so thy succor shall be."
~ How Firm a Foundation

Great, aren't they?

No comments: