Thursday, April 8, 2010

And, it's GONE...

Monday night you probably remember that we did a "Going, Going, and (almost) Gone" edition of Family Home Evening. Well, today my dear friend, Michelle, came up to remove the (almost).

Monday night as Jessica was cutting my hair, Deborah looked up at me and said, "Don't you want your hair, Momma?" Oh, so sweet. The little lady just melts my heart.
I wasn't sure what she'd think about today's session, but she came in the room while Michelle was shaving my head. So I asked her what she thought about it. She looked at my hair for a minute and then happily responded, "Awesome!"
I wasn't sure what I'd think about it. I thought I'd be fine with it, but the other night was a little shocking. It wasn't my hair that I was feeling anything about it, but I obviously felt something. While I was talking with Jessica later that evening, we both agreed that it was more the reality of cancer that we both felt a little sad about that evening. The hair will grow back. (And, yes, my dear Johnathon, my friends will still love me without my hair.) But, the reality is I really do have cancer and it really does stink having cancer.

So, how do I feel today? I feel relieved.


I'm so thankful to have such a huge support system! I can't imagine doing this without you all. Thank you for sharing in my journey!

And, Michelle, thank you again for being willing to do this sweet act of service for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks really cute! it totally brings out your eyes. You can definitely pull that look off.

It's wonderful you have such great friends through all this.

xoxo

Sue said...

I was thinking the same thing as TeriLyn... without the hair you go right to the eyes and smile! Darling with or without!

chickadee3357 said...

My mom and I both think you have a great shaped head. I think you should get a big floppy hat!!

Jennymae said...

Just as beautiful as ever...and even more beautiful on the inside my dear friend.