Friday, April 2, 2010

Neupogen is not my friend!

The shots they have given me over the last 2 days to rebuild my blood are a drug called Neupogen. I'm hopeful they did their job and my blood count will be back to (or at least close to) normal so that they can do the Medi-Port. When I asked what side effects they had, the reply was flu-like symptoms, but not everyone gets them. They failed to mention that one of their major side effects that people sometimes get is severe bone pain. Oh, my goodness! The only other time I've ever experienced such pain was when I had back labor with Jacob's delivery. It was excruciating! I felt like such a whimp! So, I'm off to the hospital soon and very, very hopeful that we'll get this port placed today.

Oh, and I had another large handful of hair on my pillow today. It's a good thing I have so much!

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: