Friday, May 20, 2011

Lately I have been feeling very overwhelmed and exhausted. My load hasn't really changed. I'm not getting any more or less rest. So, why?

Today I was reading and pondering and I think I found my answer: It's Martha-like anxiety.

You probably remember the story in Luke 10:40-43.

Perhaps my mother should have named me Martha. I am a born Martha. I'm good at being Martha. I love tasks. I love lists. I love working. I love accomplishing things.

But...

Even more ...

I love the peace that comes when I sit with the scriptures and I read. I love the peace that comes when I attend to spiritual things. I love the peace that I feel when I ponder on spiritual things. I love the peace that comes when I pray ... I mean really pray ... not just quick, short on my way out the door prayers. I love the peace that I feel when I feast on the teachings of the Savior.

I want to be a Mary.

No comments: