Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Weather Report

Today is going to be busy day following a crazy busy week of appointments.  I don't really have time to post, but I feel strongly that I want to share a few thoughts that have been brewing in my head.

A new friend I met recently, Susan, related feelings to a weather report.  The other day I was driving and thought, "It's cloudy with a chance of heavy rain showers."  I probably should have just acknowledged that it was already raining, but for whatever reason, I seem to have a probably admitting that the rain clouds are almost always looming lately. 

Then I heard the words to the song I had on in the car:

And with everlasting mercy will I succor thee
And with healing will I take thee 'neath my wings
Though the mountains shall depart
And the hills shall be removed
And the valleys shall be lost beneath the sea
Know my child
My kindness shall not depart from thee!

And, then the thought came to mind ... the promise ... the rainbow. 

The rain will always end.

No comments: