Monday, March 19, 2012

Update on Ryan

Tried to get blood labs and place the IV.  Three unsuccessful sticks later and all no IV.  Thankfully, they were able to get enough blood to at least get the blood culture and hopefully the CBC.  They also did the nose swab for the viral panel.

They are going to let him rest for about an hour and try again.  I wonder if we're letting Ryan rest or the nurses.  I know I'd need to rest.  I'm sure thankful it's not me in their shoes.  I always pray for them when they are about to stick Ryan.  It's gotta stink to be in their place at that moment, especially after you miss the first one.  No normal caring individual wants to hurt a little one.

I hope the next stick works.  This little guy needs some fluid or it's only going to get tougher to place the IV.

No comments: