Friday, July 6, 2012

Music with Myrna

Every once in a while, Ryan and I will sit at the piano and play together. Sometimes he sings and sometimes I lift his hands and help him to play while I play.  He usually lasts about 20 minutes at the most.



A while ago, I had a great idea to invite our friend, Myrna to play piano with Ryan.  Ryan and Myrna have been friends for a long time.  When I was going through the whole Cancer thing, Myrna kept Ryan while I received chemotherapy.  Ryan loves Myrna and Myrna loves Ryan.  Myrna plays piano MUCH better than me and thus, it just seemed like it might be a way to motivate Ryan to work harder at reaching.



So, today Myrna came over and for NINETY MINUTES Ryan and Myrna played piano together.




Did you catch that?  He lasts for 20 minutes with me and he lasted for 90 minutes with Myrna!  I knew it was going to be good!



He really seemed to love it!  There were lots of happy sounds today!  And, I LOVED listening to Myrna play the piano.  If I'm ever bedridden, I'd like Myrna to come over and just play piano for me.  (I know I'm no where near as adorable as Ryan, but would you be willing to do that for me, Myrna?)

2 comments:

chickadee3357 said...

He is getting to be such a big boy! How wonderful that he loves music and has a friend who will play for him. He is just such a cutie.

Unknown said...

Tina, this is so awesome! Thank you so much for sharing, it really touched me.