Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Deeply Lonely

I miss having friends. 

I miss good friends. The kind of friends that want to tag along when running everyday errands. The kind of friends who know more about me than just that I have a child in a wheelchair. I miss having friends who know something of my history. I miss having a history with friends. I miss conversations that go beyond a quick click or a few kind words. I miss having friends who come to really visit not just check me off a list. I miss hearing friends say my name. I miss feeling truly connected to other people. I miss feeling like it matters to others whether I show up or not, not just because they need me to do a job, but because they want my company. I miss feeling a part of the group. I miss my friends.

What do you do when you feel deeply lonely?

No comments: