Monday, October 20, 2008

Still hurting and you want me to do what?

Today I went back to the surgeon. They removed the cast. Here's what it looks like ...

I'm pleased with how clean the incision is. It's about 4 1/2 inches long, but straight and thin. The purple stuff is actually a marker. (If you look closely on the right end, you'll see where they had me right my initials.) But, the green stuff is not a halloween decoration; it's the remnants of all the bruising.

After meeting with the surgeon and being lectured about 5 times by her and my Sweetheart about my continuing limitations, I was released to the rehabilitation center. They made me a removable cast and gave me instructions for exercises to do twice a day. Here's what my new cast looks like...

So, now the fun begins ... they want me to move my fingers. I can't even straighten out my fingers or make a complete fist. The physical therapy isn't fun. But, I'm hopeful that it'll start feeling better soon.

No comments: