Tuesday, January 20, 2009

EEG, Geneticist Appt, and a Sweater

We started this morning bright and early with an EEG. Ryan was a real champ! He slept through the whole thing and gave them a perfect reading on the first attempt. We will find out the results next Monday when we meet with the Neurologist again.

This afternoon we had an appointment with the legendary Geneticist. He's great and we really appreciated him. He was reviewed the results of the Chromosome Microarray with us ... normal, no problems diagnosed. After an extensive history and thorough exam, he feels that the next step is to see what the MRI reveals to us. He's going to personally view the MRI on Monday and will give us a call Monday afternoon.

So, Friday is Ryan's next appointment. Hopefully, he'll sleep through the MRI also and we'll be able to avoid having to sedate him.

And, on brighter notes... I finished his little sweater ... Just in the nick of time, too. I'm pleased with the results. It's a very handsome little sweater. I also ordered 2 new knitting books by Debbie Bliss, one of which has patterns for 3-10 year olds. I saw a cute little boy sweater in it and think I might make it for Johnathon for next winter. Speaking of knitting... I think I'll go do some now...

Oh, but first, one more picture ... Jessica took this picture of Ryan and I sitting on the couch tonight. I know ... I look exhausted (becaused I am tonight), but look at Ryan. Doesn't he look like such a big boy?

4 comments:

DixieJo said...

thank you for sharing. I really like keeping up with you and the family on your blog. The sweater is just so sweet - and you're right, very handsome. You do look tired in the picture - but why shouldn't you be? :) You are a super women.

chickadee3357 said...

That is a very cute picture of you and Ryan. I love the sweater too! Ryan's being such a good boy sleeping through everything.

joyce said...

The sweater is great. I love the fact the pictures are agreat way of keeping up with everyone. Thanks for sharing your family with us.Love you

Jennymae said...

What an amazing journey you have had...thank you for letting us into your life.