Thursday, November 12, 2009

Isn't life fun?

Last night I dropped my van off at the dealership for a little warranty work. I was looking forward to a day of being forced to stay home. I thought I might actually get a lot done if I could stay at home for the day.

Shortly after I posted last night, I went to bed. (I love my bed!) But last night I had a tough time getting really comfortable. I usually sleep on my left side, but since that wasn't working I rolled to my right side. I immediately felt an odd sensation and quickly remembered the stitches on my left shoulder. Whoops.

Then I felt blood leaking from my shoulder. Scrum. I turned on the light and went to a mirror to check the damage, which panicked my sweet, overprotective husband. He immediately jumped out of bed and rushed to my side. There it was ... a huge hole in my shoulder with thread hanging that used to be tied in stitch fashion. Scrum.

As Dwight and I were leaving the driveway we noticed water pouring out of our water meter onto the street. Double scrum.

So, my "stay-at-home" day started with a ride to the dealership to get a rental, followed by another dr's appointment to get my shoulder stitched back up, and then home to find a plumber. (The water company said the leak was on our side of the property, not theirs.) Of course, I didn't shower before leaving this morning as I assumed I'd have plenty of time today to do so. Good thing you can't see ... or smell ... me. :)

Thankfully, all of this is fixable. The warranty on my van will cover the repairs and it should be ready by Friday evening for pick up. My shoulder will eventually heal. Our water will be back on within a few hours. And, I'll only miss the repair money for a few weeks.

Isn't this a blessed life?

(This picture has nothing to do with this post. I just think he looks so adorable and peaceful!)

1 comment:

chickadee3357 said...

I LOVE sleeping kids. Especially little ones.