Saturday, November 21, 2009

Today has been a very nice day. No appointments. No needles. No stress.

Dwight took 4 of the kids out for the day. They seemed to have had a good time together. I think they all really enjoyed being out of the house.

Jessica, Ryan and I went shopping for a light jacket for Jessica. I would have never imagined that my daughter would hate to shop. She doesn't like the feeling of the material. or the color. or the look. "Everyone has one of those." "It's too formal." "Can I paint something really awesome on it?" "Can I modify it?" I can tolerate it for about 45 minutes and then I'm ready to go home. Seriously. So, no, we did not find her a jacket. I think it's Dwight's turn to take her shopping next. But, instead of going home, we bought pretzels and lemonades, and just walked and talked. It was nice. I miss Jessica.

Later this evening, Jessica, Deborah, and Ryan went with me to the new house. We measured all the rooms and the windows. We need to clean the place, paint a few rooms, and put up some blinds and curtains. I'm anxious to get moved in. Actually, I'm anxious to mark the move off the list.

Can you believe this next week is Thanksgiving? I need to come up with something nice that our family can do for the nurses who will be working while we're at the hospital. If you have any thoughts, please let me know.

Enjoy your Sabbath tomorrow!

No comments: