Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's been a rough morning with Ryan. I went into his room and pushed his meds this morning at about 10 am. He was still sleeping quite soundly. At 12.30 pm I went back into his room where he was sleeping, but his eyes were partially open. I decided to get him up.

As soon as I walked out of his room, he started vomiting. A lot. I couldn't even get to my room. Thankfully Dwight was able to come help. By the time I got to my room, he had vomited 3 times. In between, he was going right back to sleep. We finally drained off an ounce of food using his mic-key button. Then we showered him off. He vomited again in the shower. As soon as we got him out of the shower, he went right back to sleep.

Ugh.

I wish I had a specific manual on Ryan. One that would tell me exactly what to do and when to do it. I wish we could get him stabilized. I suspect it is the new medicine that is making him so sleepy. Or, perhaps he has a flu.

This all brings up a topic that has been on my mind for a couple of weeks... Enduring. Enduring Well.

I need to spend some time working on enduring and how to endure well. Maybe later I'll blog about it. I need to attend to Ryan for now. Please keep him in your prayers. I'm sure thankful God trusted us to send this special little guy to our family. I hope we can do all that is required of us for good.

No comments: