Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Michelle

I've often said to people who are new to our church congregation that I wish I had time to tell them all the wonderful things I know about the other ladies in our congregation, of their service, of their accomplishments, of their talents. It would take weeks, I'm sure. I feel the same about all of my friends. I wish I could tell you of each of my friend's talents, service, and accomplishments.

Today though I want to tell you about my friend, Michelle. Michelle is one of my favorite people. Michelle holds a very dear place in my heart.


I remember the first time I met her. I sat next to her at church and she has a LONG last name. When she first said it, I thought, "I'll never be able to say that or remember it." Then she broke it down into 3 syllables. It was easy and I've never had a problems with it since. I also discovered that day that she and I had a few things in common. One of which is that we both enjoy teaching our children at home, at least most days we enjoy it. :)

If I were asked to describe her I would probably whisper to you that she has ballroom dance skills, and a Master's Degree in education. Those are the things that might take you a while to learn ... like they did me. I would then also tell you that she is: an amazing mother, a strong woman, and a faithful daughter of God. She is also funny, loving, gentle, compassionate, giving, devoted, hard working, brave, adventurous, fit, beautiful, humble, trustworthy, non-judgmental, gracious, easy to laugh with, easy to cry with. She is my friend.

She is also my friend who came over with clippers, a razor and shaving cream to help me make the transition from long hair to very little hair. This was such a blessing to me. I asked Michelle for several reasons. One was because she had asked what she could do to help me. Another was because I knew she had experience shaving her husband's head. But, the main reason I asked her was because I knew it would be okay if I did break down and cry. You probably remember that I thought I was going to be okay with the process of losing my hair, but I wasn't entirely sure. I knew that if Michelle was there with me it would be just fine.

And, it was. She was so gentle and encouraging. We laughed a lot and had a conversation that I'm confident I would not have had with any other person. :)

Michelle, my dear friend, please always remember how much I appreciate and love you! No matter where you move or how long you are gone, you will always have a place in my heart and in my home. Thank you for being my friend! Oh, and happy birthday!!

No comments: