Thursday, October 14, 2010

Today's Testing Fun

This morning I went in for an echocardiogram. No big deal at all.

Then it was time for the dreaded bilateral bone marrow biopsy. Thankfully, I had scheduled it with sedation. The lady who set up my IV, Patti, was so amazing. She told me the coolest story of lots of good people who supported a man diagnosed with Leukemia. I love meeting these people and hearing their stories. It's a little overwhelming though at times to think that every person on the MD Anderson campus (which is huge) has a story. Maybe they have cancer. Maybe they're a cancer survivor. Maybe they are working there. Maybe they have lost someone to cancer. But they all have a story. If you want to meet courageous people, this seems to be the place. If you want to meet, caring people, this seems to be the place.

I'd love to hear more of their stories. But, I've digressed.

Patti set up my IV and assured me that they were going to give me the "good stuff." She promised I wouldn't feel anything and I wouldn't remember anything. WHEWHOO!

Patti was right. I didn't feel the test, but now that I'm sitting on a very firm mattress, I am feeling far too much! Ouch.

I'm not sure how I'm going to sleep tonight. Both back sides are bruised and hurting and I have a catheter hanging off my chest. (It's in my medi-port so that I won't have to get stuck again tomorrow for the PET scan.) Hopefully, I'll be able to get a little sleep.

No comments: