Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dancing with the Homeless

Today a noticed a link on a friend's Facebook status that was titled "Single Dad Laughing." It caught my eye because I know and love Cindy's sons. Love as in respect. Dwight and I taught two of them in Sunday School and they are just the kind of young men, that we hope our young men will be. I was hoping that something hadn't happened that cause them to now be single dads.

Instead, with just a little more reading, I found what I think might be one of my favorite blog posts yet. I don't say that lightly. It combines some of my favorite elements. Real life. Gratitude. Charity. Perspective. Friendship. Light. Truth. Pictures.

I hope you'll take a minute to read it, and to watch the video. I frequently skip videos, but I was really glad I watched this one. Click here & Enjoy!

Let me know what you think. Did you enjoy it? Would you dance with the homeless? Would you dance on camera? Hmmmm.... I like to dance. But, I'm not sure I'd intentionally make a video to post on the internet. Would you?

PS Just one more thing ... This is the only post I have read on the above blog. So, I can't speak to any of the other views expressed by the Single Dad. Just the one above post.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I would love to dance with the homeless. I know they all have a story. The camera part I would laugh at myself because I know I have no rhythm so it would make me giggle. I am with you on the loving the blog and the video. I walked away a better person and felt pretty blessed. I too put it on my facebook for my friends to see. Love you sis!!

jack scott said...

I love his blog. His entry titled, "congratulations you just broke your kid" (or something to that effect) made me tear up a little.